Monday, August 12, 2013

Menu Plan Monday

Years ago, when I first had a blog, I found I'm an Organized Junkie and Menu Plan Monday. I was hooked. I had never planned meals before and found myself with 2 kids and a stressed military life. I got right to work with this and had some success with it.  Now I have 3 kids and a military life and planned meals is my lifeline.



MPM-Summer 

I recently found a menu planning template at The Nourishing Home that I love. My favorite part is the "Do Ahead" section. This allows me to jot down things like boil eggs a day or two ahead of when I need them or cook extra chicken to make chicken salad sandwiches.  I print this out each week and store in my home binder. I check it each morning to see what my day looks like. 
Stress-saver!!!

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/1/?ui=2&ik=3c6ad0115a&view=att&th=1407556aecbcafb1&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_mySCI7F7fzHhr_yiPeN5N&sadet=1376358180673&sads=EtVhq3bGAKhIxlxMp5NtgPZtMIo&sadssc=1 

Sunday:  Pizza
Monday: Fried Potatoes & Eggs
Tuesday: Baked Chicken, Green Beans, Potatoes
Wednesday: Meatballs, corn on the cob
Thursday:  Ham, Macaroni & Cheese
Friday: Dinner Out
Saturday: ??

I also plan out breakfast and lunch. We are all about making meal time easy during this deployment. I buy more easy to make meals and cook much less from scratch. It was so hard for me to break myself from the way I was cooking, but I was so stressed. Right now, in this moment of our lives, you will find more frozen pizzas and chicken pot pies that I have ever bought before.

No comments:

Post a Comment