Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's OK! Feel Weary

I recently reread Hope for the Weary Mom: Where God Meets You in Your Mess and was encouraged all over again.  Stacey and Brooke not only give you a glimpse of what their weariness looks like, but they give us all permission to feel weary.

We can't always be that mom that has it all together. I am so hard on myself when I have to disappoint one of my kids. I cringe when I hear myself yelling at my kids or my husband. My job is mom, I'm not supposed to screw it up for everyone else, but I do (a lot).

Moms, hear me! Give yourself the chance to be weary. Give yourself the opportunity to feel defeated.  When you are at your worse, Jesus will meet and remind you that He loves you and He is here to help you.  We are not doing this by ourselves.

I'm a military spouse that's about to embark on over a year of my husband being deployed. I cannot imagine how weary I will get this time around. As a military spouse, we never ask for help because we are the strong ones that are left behind to hold it all together. I know that the women around me have bad days just like me. When we transitioned from active duty military service to National Guard the weariness seemed to descend on me as a cloud.  We are so busy, my house will become a mess, the kids will bicker, and everything that can go wrong will, but I am not alone.

 God will meet me right in that mess and join me as I pull myself together.

You can get your very own Kindle version of Hope for the Weary Mom on Amazon
You can get a paperback version of Hope for the Weary Mom on Amazon.

Read! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. oh this was so me this morning!!!! Thank you@@@@@@@@ !!!!!

    ReplyDelete