Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Valentine's Challenge

I have been so encouraged by the website Lil Light O' Mine and her blog. At Christmas, my family participated in the Light 'Em Up Challenge to do for others during the holidays.We loved focusing on others and helping our big kids see that Christmas is about so much more than us. 

Lil Light O' Mine is encouraging readers to focus our attention on our loved ones this Valentine's Season. We don't do a lot of decorating for Valentine's. My small house has not recovered from all the Christmas chaos. So small gestures are just what we love for Valentine's.

Yesterday, I came up with a small challenge that has to do with these jars. I pulled out my Cricut and did some decorating.

  

I cut out an initial for each person in our family. I used a polka dot sticky shelf liner in my cricut. The letters will pull off easy and the colors are not so Valentine's that we can use them for other things. 

Stephens Family Valentine Challenge of 2012

We drew names and each person must buy a Valentine's present that will fit in the jar and cost $10.00 or less. I challenged each person to really think about who they are buying a present for. They need to buy something that shows how creative they are and how much they really understand the other person. 

Luckily, I drew the baby's name and the baby drew Daddy's name. I can handle those two.

So , I will report back on how well this all went.

No comments:

Post a Comment